WaveScan Wavefront System
WaveScan technology was originally developed for use in high-powered telescopes to reduce distortions when viewing distant objects in space. This technology has now been applied to laser vision correction, measuring imperfections in the eye never before measured using standard methods for glasses and contact lenses. WaveScan-based digital technology identifies and measures imperfections in your eyes 25 times more precisely than standard methods. The powerful WaveScan software translates the information into a set of CustomVue treatment instructions for the laser. These digital treatment instructions are then transferred to the laser, driving a new level of precision and accuracy.
The VISX Fourier Wavefront Upgrade, has the ability to capture and treat wavefront information on larger pupil patients and utilize this data for optical zone treatments out to 7mm. Transition zones continue to be adjustable out to 9.5mm. WaveScan utilizes the patient’s corneal K-values and wavefront measurement to create the optimal corneal shape for each individual, whether it be prolate, oblate, or spherical.
The WaveScan Wavefront System provides:
- Fourier-based wavefront algorithms:
- Fourier delivers the highest resolution available of the wavefront error
- Uses more data points to derive the optimal shape
- Uses all data from any shape of pupil
- Accurately reconstructs all peripheral data
- Captures and treats higher and lower order aberrations up to 7 mm diameter pupil
- Acuity Maps®: Chart the optical aberrations of the eye.
- Difference Maps: Track the changes of the eye for pre-op and post-op comparisons.
- Point Spread Function (PSF): Demonstrates how a patient would see a point source of light
Acuity Map® is a registered trademark of 20/10 Perfect Vision Optische Geraete GmbH